hyppotang

lumpy

Reefing newb
Ok I got me a beautiful little "Dory" fish. The kids had to have the "nemo" I love tangs. It worked out well. So I got my little blue beauty into the tank and was delighted later in the night to see it snuggled in between some rocks to sleep. very cute. After a day or two though I started noticing the slight discolored marks. hard to tell a color to them. Is it common for them to have marks on them from sleeping between the rocks or should I be looking for another culprit?

What are your water parameters? Could be scratches, could be signs of disease or stress.

I would wager that it is stress from being in a tank that is too small. If your signature is right and it is only a 75 gallon tank. The beautiful fish should really be in a tank that is minimum 180 gallon as they require tons of swimming space, even at a young age, and grow very large.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Tang

Yeah my tag is right :(. I didnt figure that would be a problem. He's only about 1.5-2 inches long. Guess I'll have to find him a better home. Bummer.

Back