I am a grandpa 8 times!

well i am finding it difficult to get the babies to eat ... lost 2 more today :cry: ... will have to try something different

Yeah, Cyclopeeze may be easier for them to grab ahold of. It doesn't hurt to try. I'd try the freezer bar, not freeze dried variety though.

the type of cyclops i have are in the cube portion and frozen ... well i cut a small chunk off of the cube and melted it in some salt water, dumped it in and sure enough they seemed to be eating it but then again so did the ones that died ... i can see their mouths open up now when they eat so it makes it easier to watch ... i hope they make it

i checked at my LFS and they dont carry any live ones, so i would have to hatch my own and that is a pain in the you know what

It's not a pain to hatch your own brine shrimp. All you need is a 2 liter soda bottle and an airstone connected to a little air pump.

When I was breeding them I allways fed them cyclopeeze (freezer bar) this is high in protein so it helps them grow faster. I tried the cyclops and didn't have good success.

I would say out of 24 babies on cyclopeeze I would end up with 15-20, with the cyclops 5-10.

sorry for the delay ... i am now at 2 babies and trying desperately to keep them feed regularly ... they are eating at each feeding but so were the others ... i will try to put together a short video or some pictures tomorrow

here is a short 20sec video from the top down into their small net cubical ... the small thing on the bottom is a little mushroom i found floating around in the tank

no they are about 1/2 an inch now but at least they have grown big enough to actually see their mouths and whether they are eating or not

make sure they aren't getting to much flow and if you give them something hide in that looks like an anemone or urchin they should do better.

i am not planning on introducing them to the main DT, so there isnt any point in getting an urchin ... as soon as they are big enough to eat mysis they are going to the LFS

Back