I am alive

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
Whats up guys and gals! Sorry I haven't been online in awhile but I have only limited acess to the net. Its trying having a saltwater tank in small towns like this. I have a problem I could really use some help figuring out. RED BUBBLE ALGAE! I have tried everything I can think of and I am still having no luck. I have tried water changes, no lights or food, scrubbing the rocks out of the tank, new lights, emerlard crabs, and improving o2 flow! Give me some help! I can rarely get online so be patient with my responses!

pick them out one by one and be carefull not to break them. if you break them open it just put thousands of spores back into the tank. i to am having a large outbreak of bubble alage and can not keep up with it.

i had macro but i just took it all out because it was more trouble than it was worth. i really dont think that it did any good for my tank. i am going to try something new to try and get rid of them. i am trying to find a 30 gage needle and my plan is to stick the bubble alae and suck out all the fluid in it. that way it does not spread all over the tank. just an idea that i am wanting to try.

i had lots but it kept getting sucked into my pump and the cheto is not worth a 80 dollar pump. i cut out about 1lb evey week if not more.

that wont work in my tank. but it is gone and i will never have it again. the only alage prob i have right now is the bubble but that will be taken care of soon.

Glad to know your still kicking Hawks.
The only way I know of to get rid of bubble algae is like James said.Just pull the bubbles out as you seem em,and be careful not to bust em in your tank.

as everyone said manual removal. vlamingi tangs will eat it, but sadly your tank isnt large enough for one. Glad to see you back on the forum

I do have emeralds but they rarly eat the stuff. Im afraid to say manual removal is an option but the out break is getting pretty severe so it would take tons of time. Im pretty sure its grape bubble algae also. BTW my brother paid some dumb kid to touch my lionfish while I was on vacation. Sounded pretty funny!

be awesome to get out of cali and go hunt! i went this past season here and it was horrible the department of forestry has done so much cutting and clearing brush etc. it just ran the game out of the whole area. it was horrible!

Come on east.Turkey season opens in another month and half.Deer season closed last weekend.And theres plenty of coyotes to fill in between:D

Give those clear cuts a year.They'll be full of game when it starts growing back up and getting brushy.

Back