I am clueless!!

Here are a few pics on the one I'm working on. The top is going to flip open. I haven't been able to work on it lately because I have several project going on. This one took the back burner. It's for my sisters 55.

Canopy.jpg

Canopy1.jpg

Looks great so far piggy! thanks for adding the pictures, they will help. I have to go get my lumber this morning. OKay, so you guys really don't think it will look stupid if I square the canopy off? Cause I REALLY don't think I could do anything too complex. Here we go, wish me luck.

Bought my lumber. Actually got a fair bit free. (flirty boy in lumber marked a lot of it as "scrap") Cost me $16 Lol. I had somthing come up and won't be able to start it until tomorrow now.

Last edited:
Great deal. Just remember to have your plan on paper it helps a lot. Also be sure to measure twice and cut once. Or if your like me I measure at least 4 or 5 times. lol Keep us updated and remember to post pics.

You'll do a fine job on the canopy.Theres no doubt about that.Just be careful with the saw.Its hard to drive nails with finger tips missing.

You'll do a fine job on the canopy.Theres no doubt about that.Just be careful with the saw.Its hard to drive nails with finger tips missing.
lol, a neighbor loaned me his nail gun and I keep thinking about the young women at the emergency deptartment when I had my anaphylactic thing...she shot herself with a nail gun. Tough broad!! she wasn't screaming at all..if it were me...well, i wouldn't have been screaming, because I would have been unconscious:shock:

my brother-in-law shot a nail through his nut sack he was lucky it missed the imoirtant things when he pulled the triger it double shot and the second one was the one that got him.

my brother-in-law shot a nail through his nut sack he was lucky it missed the imoirtant things when he pulled the triger it double shot and the second one was the one that got him.

OMG! I can't even imagine that pain
I guess I can assume your not an uncle?

okay, so, a project that I figured would be a 2 hour job is going to go into its second day tomorrow.
here are a couple pics as of the end of today.
REMEMBER I NEVER MADE ANYTHING BEFORE!! and, it is just a BASIC canopy
100_7177.jpg

100_7189.jpg

That looks great Michelle.I like how you ran the boards up and down instead of across.
The stand has vertical boards so, I just followed suit. I hope it looks better tomorrow after it has some finishing touches and a few coats of paint

making the bow was a little trickier then I thought. I kept getting the wrong arc. but, through trial and error I finally got it to a point that I could stand it. and if you look close (although it is a blaring discrepency to me) the panels on the right are 2 mm longer then the panels on the left...I don't know how I managed to cut them smaller each time I cut one, but I did. I have to put hinges on the top and attatch it tomorrow. Then I have to paint it. I expect the wood wll soak up a fair bit of paint, it may take a few coats.
My only complaint is that I used to be able to reach the bottom of my tank (when I dropped anything in) now I can't. I guess I have to get one of those grabber things. And i need stronger algae magnet.

Last edited:
You cut the wrong side of the cut line:mrgreen:Its a rookie mistake that we've all made at some point.
I actually thought you'd done that on purpose.

Back