I built A Fuge (Pic)

The fact is that they do a good job cleaning but they are also very clumsy and aggressive. They will go after food even if it's already in the stomach of a coral. If you get them you will just need to know that and plan for it. I place a bottle over my acans every time I feed so the evil crabs can't get to them to shred them. When my crabs eventually die, I am going to replace them with snails because they seem to be a more delicate and graceful cleaner of the tank.

Yes, those are the exact kind that I have... Which by the way are evil! And don't even get me started on the red legged hermits. The scarlets are the devil

LMAO! You guys are funny!

I see. Actually, I did read about crabs going after coral food. I guess I really have to be cautious about it.

Probably need to be more cautious of Justin Daugherty than those poor little innocent creatures. He hates crabs, yet look at his bio and picture. Go figure. He'll stab you in the back. Poor Desmond, I feel sorry for him.

desmond is the only cool crab I have. He is gentle and doesn't mess around with my corals. When he was younger he got into it with one of those evil little blue legs and came out of it missing a pincher. I was pretty let down because I thought it would be his demise. He molted a week or two later and grew a new claw. Awesome! If they were all like Desmond I would have a different opinion of them but sadly I went to the LFS and asked for 25 Blue legs and desmond just came in the mix. No one can figure out exactly what kind he is to try to get more like him.

Hermit crabs will also kill your snails. For fun, and for their shells. So they are excellent cleaners, and fine to keep, as long as you don't mind buying new snails a few times a year.

Yeah my stupid hermits ripped my acro frag off from it's spot and I arrived to find it in the substrate all pissed off! If I knew which one it was I would punish it for sure!

Maybe you should attach it to the rock better! It's always easier to place the blame...
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Back