I couldn't sleep!!!

Coletrickle

Reefing newb
I resealed my tank myself so I tested it outside and let it set for 8 hours with no leakes. Last night I filled it inside the house, I was terrified something would happen all night. 55 Gallon is a lot of water to be let loose in the livingroom. Thankfull it made it through the night.

Anyone ever have this fear?

I had a brand new 210g. bust on me.When it was replaced,I had plenty of sleepless nights.

It took me months to feel comfortable with the tank so I understand your anxiety.

i ahve had a few sleepless nights over my tank but it wasnt worrying about it busting it was worrying that the pwer would go out and id wake up to an empty tank and a wet floor

I've not had a tank bust yet,But I have thought about it severla nights.
Especially when the tanks in the bed room,and you all of a sudden notice the sound of running water.

I had a brand new 210g. bust on me.When it was replaced,I had plenty of sleepless nights.

It took me months to feel comfortable with the tank so I understand your anxiety.

What kind of clean up did you have?
I would probably have to replace the flooring throughout my house. I have pergo laminate floor in the living room, den, dinning room and entryway. All of which would be covered in water if it failed. SCARY THOUGHT, I hope I sleep better tonight. It made it through the day now without a sign of water anywhere so maybe i'm in the clear.

Another thing about my tank is I drilled it myself. Looks to me like it could weaken the glass considerably.

The real test come when you sand,rock AND water in it.
But it'll be fine.If it aint leaked by now,chances are it aint going to.

There have been several occasions where I've forgotten to turn off the RODI unit before I went to bed, and woke up to 40 gallons of water on my floor. Floods suck!!

Back