I did it again

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
After I vowed to fully research everything I buy for compatibility, reef safety, aggressiveness, Shrimp/invert safety, tank size and feeding needs --well I broke down today in the LFS and bought a Fiji Blue Devil Damsel-fish on impulse. He was eating the moment he was out of the bag. LFS was Marinescene in Herndon VA.

Experiences with this fish anyone?

Hahaha, Sen, the name says it all!

Those fish are terrors! There's a good chance he will bully everyone else in the tank, but if you have fish that are aggressive or larger than him, he may be okay.

That was the first fish I ever got in this hobby, back in 2000 when I started my first tank. Mine passed away last year. He was a jerk (he had a territory, and he would shred to bits any coral I put in his territory), but I loved the little jackass.

I had one that tried to kill my clownfish, and I nearly lost the tank trying to remove him. (Had to pull out all the rock, causing caused a cycle)

I've bought non fish related things out of impulse too. It's hard sometimes to stay away from something when it looks so attractive! And by the way, Herndon isn't far from where I used to live in VA. I lived in Leesburg out in Loudoun county. Herndon was probably less than an hour away. It's crazy to see people on here who live near the area I used to be.

My other fave fish store in Manassass closed, so the only other top fish store in the Northern VA area is Marine Scene in Herndon. They're awesome, and very knowledgeable. Owner's really nice.

Mine is the smallest fish in the tank (less than 1 inch) and he is behaving so far. He was out and eating the moment I put him in there.

Back