I dont know how to stack any of my rocks together...

bkc824

Reefing newb
okay so ive had a fish tank for 2 1/2 years now and im dying to have a reef tank set up with a lot of rock... i dont know how to do this soo... if anyone knows someone that can do this for me that would be great (willing to spend $500 on rocks).. i live on longisland also

Also check on craigslist, they are always selling live rock on there. Just go to the general section and type in saltwater in the search box then happy searching.:Cheers:

Just buy the rock and start playing around with it. Some pieces will just naturally "fit" together like puzzle pieces. Play around until your happy with the way it looks. Check out all the build threads for ideas on rock formations. Don't pay someone else to interior decorate your tank for you. That's half the fun! :)

Just buy the rock and start playing around with it. Some pieces will just naturally "fit" together like puzzle pieces. Play around until your happy with the way it looks. Check out all the build threads for ideas on rock formations. Don't pay someone else to interior decorate your tank for you. That's half the fun! :)

I really agree with dennis on this one. I just got 50 lbs of dry rock today and was playing with it for 2 hours making all kinds of different scapes. ITS LIKE SUPER AWESOME LEGOS FOR ADULTS! wait im not an adult, and if i was i'd still play with legos occasionally.

You CAN do it yourself, it isn't hard and it's almost impossible to aquascape the wrong way. Stack them any way you want, there is no one right way.

Marco Rocks has some nice rocks. Marco Rocks The finest aquarium rock available, base rock, live rock, reef rock, marco rock, reef tank saltwater fish, live corals, Marco rocks, Fiji live rock, Tonga Live rock
I bought some a few months ago to add to my existing structure. They have lots of holes in them so I took advantage of this feature to stack them using nylon threaded rod to connect them. I didn't need to drill any holes, they were already there! This will help to stabilize the rock formation. The last thing you want is a rock slide that could trap/kill your tank inhabitants, or worse, crack/shatter your glass.

Have fun with the aquascaping and use the $500 to buy something cool for your tank. Just make sure the structure is secure.

thanks every one especially sen5241b cause i really didnt think about that lol , BUT. im not looking to do this, i know it sounds bad but i really dont want too and i dont have to patience to do it myself :) lol

+1 Marc is a great guy, more than willing to work with you to get the size and shape your looking for. I highly reccomend starting off with marco rocks, no nasty pests to deal with :)
Marco Rocks has some nice rocks. Marco Rocks The finest aquarium rock available, base rock, live rock, reef rock, marco rock, reef tank saltwater fish, live corals, Marco rocks, Fiji live rock, Tonga Live rock
I bought some a few months ago to add to my existing structure. They have lots of holes in them so I took advantage of this feature to stack them using nylon threaded rod to connect them. I didn't need to drill any holes, they were already there! This will help to stabilize the rock formation. The last thing you want is a rock slide that could trap/kill your tank inhabitants, or worse, crack/shatter your glass.

Have fun with the aquascaping and use the $500 to buy something cool for your tank. Just make sure the structure is secure.

Back