I dropped my new frogspawn!

breebauer

Reefing newb
I wasn't going to buy anymore fish tank stuff until after Christmas, but I did. :frustrat: I bought a frogspawn that had 3 beautiful branches.

Just as I was going to float the bag in my tank to start to acclimate, I dropped the damn thing!:censored:

(I won't even waste your time telling you exactly how pissed off I am right now.):censored:

I've never bought a frogspawn before, but have done some research on it and figured I could keep it. That was before I dropped it...:mad!!:

I was told medium to medium/low flow and medium light.

When I bought it, it had three stalks/ or branches. Now that I've dropped it, :censored: ... I have 1 piece with 1 stalk and another with 2 stalks/branches. :censored:

My question is:

How hardy are they, and do I even have a chance of rehabilitating both pieces? Should I put them both in the back of the tank, where noone can see them for a while, in the bubble coral rescue section (and start a :censored: frogspawn rescue section?:kruecken:)

Or can someone give me a better suggestion?
:HELP!: Thanks!

They are very hardy. I don't think yours will have any problem coming back. So you dropped it. So what? That's how you frag frogspawn anyways, by breaking the branches apart. Granted, it's done with bone cutters or pliers and not smashing it on the floor though :)

Don't feel bad. It happens to us all. Just put them wherever you want them, in the front of the tank is fine. You are right about low-moderate flow and moderate light. They don't like to be blasted with current.

if it makes you feel better, I dropped my wall hammer today and it killed like half of it. Yup, I am pretty pissed too. It will heal, no worries

-Doc

Ok, I feel a little better.

I really kind of wanted it as a kind of centerpiece coral, but I'll have to get over that, I guess....:grumble:

Aint no reason it cant be.You can actually super glue it back together where it broke.Or just put the 2 pieces close to each other.

I think I might drop mine it is getting huge. It has 12 heads, maybe if I drop it just right I can get three or four nice pieces.

I will break up one of mine, but I want the other one to grow the size of Biff's ego

-Doc

Aint no reason it cant be.You can actually super glue it back together where it broke.Or just put the 2 pieces close to each other.

I just glued the 2 pieces together. It worked, and looks ok to me.

I was too mad to even think of that before. Thanks!

Back