I failed at copepod cultivation

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
boy was I proud of myself when I set up this copepod harvesting tank. It was really exciting watching them swim all around and the thoughts of them reproducing. Well after about 2 weeks they were all dead. Not really sure what killed them. The only thing that I could have done differently was add a air tube to give it water movement, but when I tried setting mine up it was so loud like a vibrating boat engine that I couldn't do it. The water had good green color to it and everything. Damn!:frustrat:

was the harvesting tank connected to the main tank or was is isolated? Not sure exactly what would cause it if the tanks were connected. but if not, im guessing it was water quality, not the airtube... im just guessing

was the harvesting tank connected to the main tank or was is isolated? Not sure exactly what would cause it if the tanks were connected. but if not, im guessing it was water quality, not the airtube... im just guessing

since the water in the tank was green, it was probably another tank.

It was a 5 gallon tank completely separate from my main tank. I used water from my tank and added DT's Phyto to it and then added the pods. From what I read room temperature would be fine. I read some say that an air tube should be used and another that said in a small tank it is not needed.

Back