i found a Fish store 50 miles from my place but OMFG look

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
i was just driving away from home searching for new FS and i saw this one i tought what the heck the last 2 i found only had fresh water lets try this one

first off it smells like well nothing fresh air even thought the tank have no lids their is no fish smell second the guy was very knowlegable
they cusom make their own fish tanks and refus and wow their fish look SOOO healthy wow i will not mind goin 50 miles out of my league to go back to that store i was just like wow just WOW:shock:
their coral selection is freaking amazing

bleh just tought id share if anyone is coming down to houston( i live in Galveston 50miles away) anythime in the future lemme know ill give you that places address

oh forgot to mention they only specialize in Saltwater ,no freshwater no pond no dogs, cats, sheeps, rats well you get the point lol
IMG_0229.JPG

coral selection
IMG_0228.JPG

their cured LR
IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

Last edited:
looks like a very good place. Sometimes a long drive is worth it if you know the fish are well taken care of and have a lower chance of sickness and whatnot.

Some places are worth the drive. I drive to That Pet Place it takes me a little over a hour but it's well worth it.
The pics are great. The tanks look so clear. It looks like a very good find.

Some places are worth the drive. I drive to That Pet Place it takes me a little over a hour but it's well worth it.
The pics are great. The tanks look so clear. It looks like a very good find.

yeah my mom was AMAZED:shock: at the water clarity lol and so was i

we asked and he simply said that a refugium will help with water clarity

he had a very nice just finished custom made refuge for a customer their

one question is it easy to build your own refu or ?

i have a 30Gal empty tank that was given when i bought my tank i want to make it into a refuge but how?

If you make it into a sump/furge you can hide all the equipment that's in your tank. They are very easy to make.

*cough and *choke

im not that much of a builder i rather just buy one but with a ticket i got well bleh what do i need any pictured of how to build one better yet any videos im mostly a visual learner THANKS:bowdown:

Dude they are wicked easy to build buy some glass or acrylic cut to size silcone it in. Check out the DIY section or search DIY refugium/fuge or Fuge/refugium build.

Cool find on the good fish store looks like they have nice stuff too. I drive an hour and half each way just to get plants and fw stuff good stores are worth their weight in gold,

PS HOW old are you?

Last edited:
k sure will

well ima be doing a 2hrs drive 1 to and 1 from coudl cut than in half or so if no RWB(lol thats what ima call cop cars from now on Red White Blue ) start to follow

"PS HOW old are you?"

lol how old you think why the question cause i said im not much of a builder ?

You already have the tank. Is the tank long or tall? All you need is baffles and silicone. Lowes will cut them for you if you use acrylic. If you use glass they can be bought at a glass place. All you do is divide the tank into three sections. If I can do it anyone can.

Dude they are wicked easy to build buy some glass or acrylic cut to size silcone it in. Check out the DIY section or search DIY refugium/fuge or Fuge/refugium build.

Cool find on the good fish store looks like they have nice stuff too. I drive an hour and half each way just to get plants and fw stuff good stores are worth their weight in gold,

PS HOW old are you?

when you asked how old i was i remembered chris griifen i need an adul i need an adul lol

Security Guard: Alright son, we’re gonna need those two hams back.
Chris: Huh? I don’t have any hams.
Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You’re not a shoplifter, you’re just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom he’s just a fat kid! Aren’t you, fatty? You’re just a big ol’ fat kid. Here’s some chocolate fatso.
Chris: Thanks.

Wow, that looks like an awesome store! My boyfriend works in Houston several times a year, and I'll be going with him from now on. He saw those pics and said, "Looks like we'll be hitting up the fish store next time we're in Houston..."

Wow, that looks like an awesome store! My boyfriend works in Houston several times a year, and I'll be going with him from now on. He saw those pics and said, "Looks like we'll be hitting up the fish store next time we're in Houston..."

just for refernce it called "All About Fish" and it just out of exit 32coming south right in front of Almeda Mall address is 12260 Gulf Freeway B 3 its in a small plaza thingy lol their only closed on Tuesdays cause thats when they do "houscalls"if you want their num its 713-941-3474

its long i think a foot deep 16''tall and 20something long will i need to keep the trickle filter?

If you make it into a sump/furge. Remember you'll need a overflow box if your tanks not drilled. What kind of trickle filter are you using?

Unless you clean the canister filter weekly, it will lead to nitrate and algae problems. Really the only time I recommend using a canister filter is to run carbon or stuff like that for a few days at a time.

Back