I got a new fish!

biodarwin

Reefing newb
Sort of :) just thought Id tease you folks a bit. I pick up my yellow-eyed kole tang Saturday. They just got him in this week and wanted me to wait a few days before I bring him home. I am pretty stoked about this. I have wanted one for a while!

Here is a picture of him acclimating.

randompics039.jpg

I am gonna wait and name him until I get to know him a little bit. I know that probably sounds stupid.

You still got that Kole in the bag Bio? :mrgreen:
How about a pic of him in the tank?

Yep, hes still in the bag. I wanted to try this new 3 day acclimation period. You know since tangs tend to get ich and what not when they are stressed :)

But seriously. He is pretty much not coming out of the rock work yet. We've seen him come out a handful of times for about 3.56 seconds. I can however see him swimming a 3 foot portion of the tank behind the rock. I dropped some seaweed rubberbanded to rock yesterday and he didn't even check it out.

I would be worried but I have a lot of algae on the rocks and glass so there is plenty of other places he can eat from.

Mine did that too. We left the lights off for 2 days because he was hiding. turned out he was hiding cause the lights were off. As soon as the lights went on he was all over the tank and hooking up with my male Maroon clown. Mine seems to be shy when lights are out.

My Kole stayed in the rock for 4 or 5 days.But when he decided to show himself,was checking everything out.Now he comes to front glass whenever anybody walks past the tank.

Re: I got a new fish and I have pics

The pictures are not too good. I had to take them from a distance and might have ventured into digital zoom. Once the KT is a little less skiddish I hope to get some better pictures.

randompics097.jpg

randompics102.jpg

randompics114.jpg

randompics147.jpg

Back