I Got Civics In My Tank...BlueSi4's Tale of The 75RR

BlueSi4

Reefing newb
So about 6 months after getting my 46G Bow...i ended up upgrading to a 75G RR. It was too good of a deal to pass, so i got the tank with stand, 30G Sump and a DIY 250W MH. I will be moving all my livestock on Saturday. Tonight and tomorrow i will start filling the tank with some water, make sure everything is alright. Then saturday should be full enough to break down the 46 and move everything into their new home.
Here are some pictures of the tank and stand...

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

Making the move...

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

Tank is almost done...

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

This is what the tank stands as of right now. All the heaters and wires are just temporary until i start up the sump on Wednesday, since i ran into some problems Saturday night with the plumbing. I also have to fix the light into the ceiling.

just the posters everywhere and all that.... I have no problem with being that way, hell it wasnt till last year that i took most my wacky stuff off the walls and im 23. Just a mere observation is all. no negetivity

just the posters everywhere and all that.... I have no problem with being that way, hell it wasnt till last year that i took most my wacky stuff off the walls and im 23. Just a mere observation is all. no negetivity

Gotcha! I don't have that many posters, i've had the same posters for over 3 years adds a nice touch to the room...haha.

But back on topic, i'm thinking on adding a Tunze ATO and i've been looking on maybe doing a MH retrofit...2 175W with 4 Actinics

Nice new setup! Looks like your move went well. I too was wondering about the calendar... Sounds like a good plan to upgrade lights.

Congratulations on the new system.It looks great.

As a side note:
I'd still have posters of nakes women on the wall if the wife would let me.

Congratulations on the new system.It looks great.

As a side note:
I'd still have posters of nakes women on the wall if the wife would let me.

No naked women, i have younger sisters...they are all in a bathing suit.

But now that we got the whole poster issue out of the way, tomorrow i will be finally running the sump. I have enough water to fill up the tank and sump, the plumbing is good so it looks like it's a go!

you need some more sand in my opinion. I love the way my sand looks and how the Nassarius snails burry in it.

I have another bag of sand that needs to go in, i haven't had the time to get to that yet. Today once i get the sump working i will add the rest of the sand, i don't like the BB look and i don't think my fish like that either.

Ok so little update. The canopy is finally done, now i have 2 175w MH.
Added a Kole Tang and a green favia. Tomorrow the sump should be all set up.
Here are some pics

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

Back