I Got Civics In My Tank...BlueSi4's Tale of The 75RR

Your aquascaping looks great, expecially under the actinics, what kind of coral is the last pic?

Thank you. I don't have actinics though, it's just 2-175W 20,000k Metal Halides.

Tank looks great.

Thank you!

Ryan, that's a Favia, aka pineapple brain. And a very nice looking one too.

Congrats on a nice looking set up.

Thanks Biff, it's been a nice change going from the 46 to this. Too bad i'm having some problems with the sump, otherwise it would look even better.

As far as the coral goes, yes it's a Favia. Paid $35 for it at a LFS. The Kole Tang was $26.

Kole Tang!

IMG_0434.jpg

It seems that no matter how hard i try, i can't stop buying corals for the tank.
Today i got a nice bubble coral and a yellow finger leather.
Tomorrow i'm picking up a decent sized frag of lemon lime palys

A guy in manhattanreefs.com was breaking down his tank, he had a nice bubble coral for sale at a decent price, but there was like 4 people ahead of me. I got there as early as i could and the coral was still there, so i managed to get it. It was white in his tank, its starting to turn green in mine...

That happens to all of us. I want a bubble coral but haven't found the right one yet.

Question on the HOB skimmer I saw in the first few pics. What size pump do you have running that?

My buddy said his never ran right so he gave it to me and bought a different one but I think his problem was the pump was to small (he got it from someone els).

I havn't tried a bigger pump yet, what should I try befor wrighting this thing off as junk?

Thanks

I have an AquaC Remora Skimmer that runs on a Maxi-Jet 1200, and it works for me. I just bought the AquaC Remora Pro

3/12/08 Update

Today i finally added the fish i've wanted since the beginning, the Flame Angelfish. I also made the move on the Coral Beauty. I know many people advised against it, but i feel that if i ever want these 2 fish, now was the time.
It's been an hour since i added both to the tank, and the flame seems to be the more dominant. He chases the coral beauty around, but it seems that they are only playing a game, since he only kciks him out of his spot and then moves on.
At first, the Kole Tang wasn't happy, i don't think he still is, since he's chasing both of them around, hitting them with its tail, which is kinda funny.
As far as nipping at corals, the coral beauty is a model citizen for now, and the flame seems to nip at the Green Favia i got, so i guess i wll find a new home for the Favia if this continues, but the Flame is not going anywhere.

Back