I got eggs!

Wow.. i guess this is as good of a time to ask as any....

What exactly do you do if you don't want to raise the eggs....

What if they live and grow?

I don't want to have more fish than my tank will hold...

I KNOW that I sound like a newbie...cause I am! lol

please advise.

Most likely the eggs will be eaten by the other fish in the tank, but if some do hatch the survival rate is close to zero if left in the main tank. :(

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I no they need there own tank with a sponge filter or a filter covered up enough not to suck them in and you have to hatch alot of food for them.

No I'm not going to try to raise them. I'm not skilled enough or equipped to do so. I will be shocked if any of them even hatch... The clowns are extremely protective of them, so some may get to that point, but they have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming fish.

No I'm not going to try to raise them. I'm not skilled enough or equipped to do so. I will be shocked if any of them even hatch... The clowns are extremely protective of them, so some may get to that point, but they have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming fish.

Even if they do become fish, they will get eaten by the bigger fish unless you QT them...I am pulling for them tho. I hope the hatch so i can see some baby clowns :D

I don't have anywhere to put them! Even if I didn't have a royal gramma in my 10, they'd still get sucked up by the powerhead. I don't have a nursery set up at all... No baby's room is ready!!

Biff we have an extra Biorb that uses a sponge filter if you want to borrow it. I believe it's a 4 gallon size and it's not in use right now.

Whats this we stuff David. Did you get married and not tell anyone:mrgreen:? Or do you have a mouse in your pocket:shock:

The eggs are growing larger and fishier. And creepier! The creepy little guys have grown eyeballs and spinal cords and they like to stare at me :zombie::zombie::zombie:

No one has eaten them yet! Here are some new pics of the babies and mom and dad.

12-15-09007.jpg

12-15-09006.jpg

12-15-09005.jpg

12-15-09004.jpg

12-15-09003.jpg

12-15-09001.jpg

That yellow tang looks hungry for some zombie clowns:zombie::zombie:

Those egg pics are def pic of the month material!! You have come a long way on taking pics:Cheers:

Whoa!! Lookin Good Biff...errr the eggs I mean....don't have NDB beat me up. haha

I love those clowns, they are so deep red. I think the only way I can get the real clown experience is if I get two.

Back