I got eggs!

Biff,If I'm thinking right.Your clowns should spawn about every 30 days once they start.

thats about how often I get the eggs. Mine have been spawning for 8 months and I have yet to see any fry. I was within 1 hour 1 time. I think I would be killed if I started another fish area in my house.:bounce: Congrats on the spawning. You should see a new batch in 10-14 days.

Correction made above. :mrgreen:

:(

I hope not. Although since I have been out of town all this week, I haven't had an opportunity to order all the materials I need to start growing the baby clown foods. I was hoping I'd be able to try to raise not the next batch of spawn, but the batch after the next. By that time, I should have stuff set up and ready to go.

Nature, she be a cruel mistress...

Totally late on this celebration but congratulations! that's so awesome, your reef really is like a little piece of the ocean! :D Good luck with the next batch. Or batch after that.

I will be out of town for work for the next week, but when I get back I am going to order the plankton and rotifer cultures to start growing baby clownfish food. Maybe the next clutch will have a chance at survival.

So you are going to go with the formula rather than breast feeding? What kind of mother are you? :mrgreen:

My maroons laid eggs all the time, nothing ever happened though, the male would guard them until they shriveled and died.

Back