I guess I'm not allowed to have a skunk shrimp.

markrj

Reefing newb
2nd Skunk shrimp.

This one lasted twice as long as the first. 2 days total.

First one was decapitated but what I believe to be the emerald crab which is no longer in the tank.

Bought the 2nd one Friday.

It was eaten today.

I think the Flame Angel did it. :frustrat:

Would a flame angel do such a thing?

The Clowns?

Certainly not the Mandarin!???

:grumble:

Thanks Smitty.

Nitrates are 0
All water parameters were tested prior to purchase. They have been stable for months.

Spent 5 hours slow drip acclimating him. Slowly matching PH and SG over that 5 hour period. Also kept the temp steady for those 5 hours.

He was doing great for 2 days. I found what appears to be part of his mostly eaten carcass on the top of one of the Hydor Koralia power heads.

I can't find him anywhere.

I will remain hopeful. But I would think I would see those long "whiskers" no matter where he was in the tank. He would have a lot of hiding places in the tank.

He was a pretty small specimen. My buddy has one and it's st least 4x larger than what I had. His is in a 210 gallon and is doing great.

Shrimp hide after they molt because their new exoskeleton is really soft and delicate, and it leaves them super vulnerable to predators. After they molt, they can be in hiding for a week or more. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just hiding.

they are pretty amazing at hiding, especially after they molt because their new shell is so soft and they are very vulnerable to predation.

Back