I have an Emergeny!

newreefer89

Reefing newb
Hello All,
I have been reading this forum along with many others recently as I am in the process of cycling my 10 gallon nano, my first salt water aquarium yet. I am starting with a FOWLR tank, and eventually plan to add inverts and coral that are compatible with such a small tank. I had a shrimp sunk in the bottom of my tank to provide the ammonia for the nitrogen cycle and I started stocking the tank with Live Rock to seed the base rock and 3 inch Aragonite substrate. My ammonia level started to register a few days ago and I am registering nitrites. Ammonia reads about 3-4 ppm and nitrite is reading approximately 0.8ppm. That is current, Ammonia spiked yesterday and I removed the shrimp because of the odor and started to feed the tank some sinking pellets. However today I noticed as I rotated a piece of live rock to gain a better view of the red feather dusters there is what appears to be a baby bubble tip anemone, he does not have much colour and is only about half a centimeter in diameter. I am wondering is there anythign I can do to save this poor little fellow in my tank, as my water parameters are abismal due to the mid cycle tank. Thanks in advance for your replies, Jonathon

It is most likely one of these three anenomes.
Apstatia a pest that should be removed with apstatia X
Majano a pest that should be removed with apstasia X
Ball anenome not a pest, but will only get a half inch in diameter and will come and go as your tank matures.

A picture will help usID it.

Back