I have an Instant ocean salt mix .. the product instruction said " can be used immedi

minajaguar

Reefing newb
I have an Instant ocean salt mix .. the product instruction said " can be used immediately"
what is that mean ... can i pour the water salt mix immediately after the salt dissolve.
in normal i used to wait 24 hour after mix and before adding to my display tank ....

Re: I have an Instant ocean salt mix .. the product instruction said " can be used im

As with any other salt, you should let it mix for a few hours before putting it in your tank.

Re: I have an Instant ocean salt mix .. the product instruction said " can be used im

you mean not 24 hours ... so how many ???

i usually wait at 24 hours. ive done a couple of times just 20 hours cause i started mixing a lil later than normal.

+1 Everyone.
I always wait a good 24 hours for the salt in the mix to fully dissolve.

When first mixed, saltwater is caustic. Your fish will appreciate at least 24 hours of mixing before a water change

I usually make mine the day before, leave the powerhead in it overnight to dissolve all the salt, then stick a heater in there a couple of hours before my change to match the temp.

i let all my salt mix for a couple hrs to insure a good mix and to make shure the sg is where it needs to be

Back