I have Bryopsis

Smitty

Reef pro
I'm starting to fight the bryopsis battle in my reef tank, it emerged after I fought off cyno...I bought an abalone to eat it, but he doesn't come out much, but he does eat a little of it when he comes out...I have a foxface and a yellow tang in my FO tank and was wondering if I should place them in the reef to control the bryopsis...I also have 2 mexican turbo snails in there.

I may have to pick one up soon, the bryopsis is trying to spread...i pulled a lot out manually and placed it in the FO tank and the tang and foxface went right for it.

If it's isolated on one or two rocks, it'll be easier to move the rocks into your FO tank than to move the fish into the reef tank, even if it's temporary.

Bryopsis is as bad as it gets.I'd rather have hair algae and cyano at the same time than one little patch of bryopsis.
I had to keep taking my rock out and scrubbing them to make a dent in the stuff,even then it would come back about as fast.

Bryopsis is as bad as it gets.I'd rather have hair algae and cyano at the same time than one little patch of bryopsis.
I had to keep taking my rock out and scrubbing them to make a dent in the stuff,even then it would come back about as fast.

I was referring to non-reef related options.... haha

I've had Bryopsis and the best way to halt it (not get rid of it) is to bring nitrates and especially phosphates down to zero. The royal urchin WILL eat bryopsis.

I just did a 10% water change and scrubed several rocks in another bucket of water, I also added my yellow tang to the tank. The tank is looking much better!

Back