I have just completed my iPhone app for aquarium hobbyists...

zambono

Reefing newb
Its an aquarium scheduler and planner. You can adjust your settings and if you forget to do one of your maintenance routines an alert will popup in your iPhone / iPod touch. The app will go on sale on Jan 4th and I'll appreciate all reviews and feature requests.

If I get a good enough response from forums I will have a reduced introductory price for the first week, or maybe free the day of launch. Again I will appreciate constructive criticism, i wish to make it a great app with your help.

By the way this is my first app, and took me over a month to complete.

Here is the link to my page which has the itunes link, launch is Jan 4th
aquaplanner - Aquarium Scheduler and Notifier

I think 2.99 Is a very fair price fir a utility app with a limited amount of possible users. Clearly I don't expect to get wealthy but it would be nice to recover some cost and get something for my time. I'm already working on the first update

i have decided that if i get 100 people interested in the app who will get it on launch day i will give it away for free on that day. of course i will ask people to review it honestly, don't be too harsh lol

it will take some time to port it to android, not to mention that the landscape for development on android is currently a mess.

Its an aquarium scheduler and planner. You can adjust your settings and if you forget to do one of your maintenance routines an alert will popup in your iPhone / iPod touch. The app will go on sale on Jan 4th and I'll appreciate all reviews and feature requests.

If I get a good enough response from forums I will have a reduced introductory price for the first week, or maybe free the day of launch. Again I will appreciate constructive criticism, i wish to make it a great app with your help.

By the way this is my first app, and took me over a month to complete.

Here is the link to my page which has the itunes link, launch is Jan 4th
aquaplanner - Aquarium Scheduler and Notifier

I'd gladly try it out I'm always looking for ways to set up reminders for things and have a plan to go by then just winging it:Cheers:

it will take some time to port it to android, not to mention that the landscape for development on android is currently a mess.

Fair enough, I can wait :)

I did start looking for other similar apps on the android market and found a couple that let you track your water params and stuff, but none that had alerts for things like yours. And none that looked as good as yours does.

I did see one though that let you track your fish and corals too, looks like you can add pics to track growth or whatever.

Adding a feature to track water params would be really cool, and also a way to upload that data to the forums. Every time someone has a problem, the first thing people ask about is the water params. It would make things much easier if you could not only upload your latest params but also historical params to the forums. Just a thought.

well i just set up the app the one thing I do notice is that the slides are vary touchy as to setting it to an exact number it go's for me at 9 above or 6 under. maybe its my fat fingers but eh. I'd say just add a button system if you can of <+/-> that would be helpful I know its a f-load of programing. But it would make it easier for us fat finger folks to use it. other than the slides it is a vary nice app and I can't wait to see whats in store for the updates. Also at 2.99 I think its well worth it :D

Back