I Have Made My Decision

sagent3000

Reefing newb
I have decided to go with t-5 lights i have researched and based on my research and some show tanks i have decided to go with t-5's. here is my question i am torn between which fixture i am going with 8x54w but which fixture here are the ones i am looking at

1. Champion Lighting & Supply :: Lighting :: T5 Fluorescent :: Current Nova Extreme High Output T5 Fixture :: Current USA 48" 8x54 watt Nova Extreme

2. 48 inch 8x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting Fixture (48in Units )

which one should i do i need to know because i am ordering by thursday

Sagent,you know the Tek will be another $200 for the bulbs.

I like the Tek better because it has individual reflectors which doubles the light output.I do like to say that a 6 bulb w/IR is plenty for a 75g.

Reef thanks for your response i agree the 6 lamp will be enough but i am going ot be upgrading to a 90 soon and then bigger after that so i am just going ot buy once and plus there is a store here in atlanta that has the 6 Lamp for $390 and the 8 lamp for $420

now here is the next question what should my set up be? this is what i am thinking

2 - 6500k
2 - 10k
2 - 420nm
2 - 460nm

what you think

Your choice will be fine.Stick with ATI,UV and GE6500k.

What about this.......
ATI Blue plus(mixture of blue-420/460/7100k)
UV aquasun 10k
UV Super Actinic
GE6500k
ATI Blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k
ATI blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k or UV 14k

If you want red,yellow,pink and orange to really stand out than go with Ge3000k.

Give Reefgeek.com a call,they can help more with bulb selections......ReefGeek > Aquarium Supplies for Marine, Reef, and Saltwater Aquariums

Your choice will be fine.Stick with ATI,UV and GE6500k.

What about this.......
ATI Blue plus(mixture of blue-420/460/7100k)
UV aquasun 10k
UV Super Actinic
GE6500k
ATI Blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k
ATI blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k or UV 14k

will this give me a light blue color?

Yes,its bluish and still will be perfect for sps too.

I have a 14 bulb fixture.When I ordered the bulbs,I didn't know what I liked better-3000k or 6500k,so I bought both.I liked the 3000k better,it made red.oranges and yellow really pop.Even brown corals look pinkish or reddish.I would get an extra bulb or two just for kicks.

Slight Problem

okay i have a question my t-5 are acting funny. i just got my new light and here is the problem. 1 of the bulbs will not come on at all. 1 of the bulbs will flicker and still not come on. i moved the bulb to another spot on the fixture and they work there. is there any ideas on what i should do to fix it.

Call whoever you bought them from. Hopefully they'll have good customer service and will send you a replacement ASAP. Unfortunately, problems like this with new lights are really common.

Call customer service,either from where you bought it from or the company that made it.It looks like you went with the Tek fixture.

Sometimes its just a simple thing as the end caps are just ever so slightly to far apart.Take the end and squeeze them in a bit.Since its only one bulb,its most likely not the ballast but what I mentioned or a lose wire.

i talked to sunlight supply and they said they would send me out the RMA and try to get it back to me within 24 - 48 hrs of getting the light. my question is how long can my SPS and LPS go without light? or should i put my PC back on just until the fixture gets back?

They will do fine without lights for awhile.At least a week I'm sure.Still,it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the PC back on until the new one arrives.

got my lights back and they are working find but i am not getting a blue output. someone help me rearrange the set up so i can have a blueish tint

Back