I just setup a refugium can't ID some things found

saboken_deleted

Reefing newb
I just setup a refugium I can't ID some things found in the tank and don't know if there bad? one looks like some kind of feather duster it closes when disturbed, the other is one of many white tube like growths the each hace two very long hair like things that pick up stuff off the sand, an the last I think is a bristle worm? there is red algae and there was sea lettuce but it all vanished after a week? something in the refugium must have eating it? any help with the photos would be great do I need to get rid of anything? and does anything need to go up to the display tank?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 452
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 402
#1 - aiptasia anemone - need to get rid of it fast

#2 - can't really see but if these are the white tube things you are talking about - they are probably feather dusters. these are ok.

#3 - bristle worm - different views on these but not harmful until they get really big.

#1 - aiptasia anemone - need to get rid of it fast

#2 - can't really see but if these are the white tube things you are talking about - they are probably feather dusters. these are ok.

#3 - bristle worm - different views on these but not harmful until they get really big.

I took the affected rock out and ran unfiltered cold tap water over it while scrubbing it to see if I could kill it, I then put in a tank awaiting a shipment of Dry Live rock to see what happens and the next day it was back it might have been another one that was smaller? so I backed it at 425f for 2 hours now I know its dead alond with everything else that was good on it and it stinks I will let it sit a while, should I soak it in bleach or some thing the a water with a declorinator or should I just throw it in with the dry pukani to cure? I was planning on curing the Pukani for 4-6 months in a 55 longer if not stable yet. any ideas on what to do with the stinky rock? it's big and has a nice shape I would hate to throw it out.

Also it was a new rock that was never in my display tank just the sump so I hope I got all the buggers and they did not spread!!!

take your rocks and throw them into non salt water for 5 min ish. Most of the stuff in te rock will run out into the water, you'll have critter free rock to stick back into the tank.

Back