I made the leap, and i think i mighta screwed myself

Berghia's will wipe aiptasia out fairly quick.But once the aiptasias gone,the bergiahs will starve just as quick.

I just ordered 13 of these little fellows. So, we'll see if they work. They weren't cheap and the shipping was $58.00. These Berghias better work! :x:

well, its only been a couple hours, but things are looking ok now, i havent seen that one aip since i filled him up with the aip-x so, i'm hoping that i got him fast enough before he could put off his spores or whatever they are called...and if not, then i'll try the next idea.. :)

now i think i have learned that i want more actinic light, so that my zoas will brighten up better, i'm thinking that if i do that, they might show up better, more like under a blacklight kinda look... whaddya think? right now all i have for light is 2 65wpc 10k's and 2 65w 50-50 10k actinic....

hmmm

I would wait until you need new bulbs or build your new lighting. But that is just me and my cheapness. I personally run 2 actinic and 2 10,000K t5's I like the look. If you do change it out before hand, I would replace one of the 50/50 with a 100% actinic and see how you like it.

Brian

well, its only been a couple hours, but things are looking ok now, i havent seen that one aip since i filled him up with the aip-x so, i'm hoping that i got him fast enough before he could put off his spores or whatever they are called...and if not, then i'll try the next idea.. :)

Just stay on top to it. They can spread in less than a week. Look thoroughly every day and kill 'em quick or else. :grumble:

i think i remember that i was told its a knobby starfish...

changing the 50/50's out was one thing i thought about, but i agree about waiting till i can build the new canopy... the bulbs i have now arent that old, so....

Back