I may have done the coolest thing ever!!!

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Holy :pooh:, it may have worked. I had to go to two different fish stores to get what I wanted, but I have it ALL!!! I am sitting in front of my tank and I am SOOOO SCARED they will kill each other, but right now, there seems to be a tense, yet peaceful interaction between my new additions and the rest of the tank. I am a bit freaked out cuz there are no fish stores open on Sunday, so if there is a problem, my only way to handle it is to banish one of them to my sump.

I wish I could tell you more, but I don't want to ruin the Monday picture surprise. I would post pics sooner, but I want to wait until my corals open up and fill in the rock. I moved around EVERYTHING, I took a page from Yote's book with my rock design. I rearranged all my corals and added in all my new corals. I just want to cry, and yes...I did pop wood.

My fear is that sometime tonight, the new fish will battle to the death and I will awaken to a crashed tank. I am totally nervous, but so happy at the same time, I am just numb. I can only tell you...it is totally worth the way to see the pics.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Ok I think we have a new are you addicted winner!! I hope they be nice to each other and work out for you. Can't wait to see the pics.

You da man Doc.
If it wasnt for work,I'd load up and head to Utah just to keep from having to wait on the pictures.
Good luck with it my friend,cant wait to see the pics.

I will give you a hint - it is a pair of Pomacanthus angelfish, that shouldn't get along, but so far...:D Any guesses?

I doubt I will sleep a wink tonite. Thx for your encouragement Yote.

I told the owner of my LFS to hold the Achillies he had for me yesterday. He said he would. When I got there, another employee had sold it to some schmuck in a hat. It only cost $37.99. It was a steal and I was planning on adding it. You were right no Biff, I was planning on it. But, alas, no dice.

On a better note, what I did do was 100 times better. My hell, I think I shed a tear of joy tonight. No one got killed in the tank tonight. The two new fish found places to sleep (I will be checking in about 10 minutes though, just to be safe). Coral are all OK and the cleaner shrimp are taking care of business. I am SO DAMN EXCITED to show you what I did. I may have done the impossible (at least I have never heard of it being done)

*QUICK UPDATE*

They both survived the night. Neither have eaten yet, but they are picking at the overflow box and LR (not to mention a taste of my sinularia, but they spit that out promptly - good for them). Both newcomers are playing nice together, although, if they get too close a quick "nip" will remind the other that personal space is essential. They have even taken a trip to the cleaner shrimp station for a quick side scratch. Pics will be posted tomorrow and the visual feast can begin, as my corals are stretching out after the move. My hell, it is so beautiful.. -sniff-

patience salty. some of my leathers are not fully out yet. I don't want to ruin the event with less than spectacular pics. I don't want to disappoint Yote, Rigo and others. I promise, it will be worth it. I have never known anyone to be dumb enough to try this yet, and I may have pulled it off. I am not trying to piss anyone off by withholding the pics, just want everything to look perfect. I will post pics today if all the corals open up. It seems to take two days after being moved around though.

Winy, knowing you as I do, you will LOVE it. I feel the same way. Did you get your blue-face yet?

No, :( she got spooked and ran into a dead SPS coral and ended up getting a sore that became infected :(

So I begin to wonder and begin again, Angels???? I do have my eyes on a CHRYSURUS angel from africa???? very nice.

if you can swing it, I think the scribbled angel is just about the most amazing angelfish, but are so prices restricting, I have never thought of it. They are pretty passive.

is good to read that everyting is going great in your tank..ill be waiting patienly for the pics..great news about your new adds!!..no matter what you do to your tank doc..youll never dissapoint me!!..your work has been great everytime!!

Holy :pooh:, it may have worked. I had to go to two different fish stores to get what I wanted, but I have it ALL!!! I am sitting in front of my tank and I am SOOOO SCARED they will kill each other, but right now, there seems to be a tense, yet peaceful interaction between my new additions and the rest of the tank. I am a bit freaked out cuz there are no fish stores open on Sunday, so if there is a problem, my only way to handle it is to banish one of them to my sump.

I wish I could tell you more, but I don't want to ruin the Monday picture surprise. I would post pics sooner, but I want to wait until my corals open up and fill in the rock. I moved around EVERYTHING, I took a page from Yote's book with my rock design. I rearranged all my corals and added in all my new corals. I just want to cry, and yes...I did pop wood.

My fear is that sometime tonight, the new fish will battle to the death and I will awaken to a crashed tank. I am totally nervous, but so happy at the same time, I am just numb. I can only tell you...it is totally worth the way to see the pics.

Doc - you so sound like a drug addict!

Back