I must be a fool

TRAUMA

Reefing newb
Whats up?

I must be a fool wantinng to jump into this hobby of salt water tanks. My last tank that I had was a 150 gal frsh water and I all ways wanted to convert it to a salt water tank, but I just was too much in love the the fish I had. Now that my two girls are older this is something I want to do with them.

Hello and Welcome!

Make sure you do your research! Saltwater is very different from freshwater, and the people from Tanked set a horrible example on how you set up and run a tank! This hobby can be super expensive, even more so if you dont do your research.

Welcome to the site!

I like to think of reefing like doing crack or meth ... after a while you're going to end selling stuff to try and get your coral fix LOL

Hello and Welcome!

Make sure you do your research! Saltwater is very different from freshwater, and the people from Tanked set a horrible example on how you set up and run a tank! This hobby can be super expensive, even more so if you dont do your research.

I have been researching for about six months now and I haven’t scratched the surface. I know my LFS are tired of seeing me in there asking a lot of questions and not spending no money yet. They just don’t know it yet, but it will be worth the waite when I do especially the ones the treated me good.
I live in Vegas where ATM (tanked) is and they are only recognized as tank builder.

Ya, i researched for a whole year before i bought a tank and got setup. Be wary of LFS advice, they are notorious for giving bad, misleading advice. For them its a win if they sell you something that is more than likely going to die in your tank, and they also have huge markups on dry goods, which higher quality and for a better price can be found online. And just because they work in a LFS doesnt mean they have a tank, or even if they do, it could be a disaster. There are some good lfs out there, just not very many.

Back