i need help and im tryin to fix it.

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
29gallon oceanic biocube nano, 29lbs of liverock. 3 pounds of crushed liverock in the backchamber....
all my fishes are about 1 1/4 inches long.

2 percula clowns
1 fire goby
1 randalls goby
1 dragonet spotted goby
1 black gold striped damsel
1 rusty angel
1 flamed angel
1 royal gramma

i know i have to get rid of one angel huge mistake i made they fight alot and im trying to capture 1.
the damsel is ok for now but he used to pick on the fishes now hes like relaxed but i need to get him out too...
and i also know im 2xs my bio-load 5gallons per inch of fish..

what would u guys do under these conditions..

salinity 1.024
ph 8.1
nitrite 0
nitrate 12
ammon 0

Given your large fish load your levels aren't bad, so I'm not really sure what your asking. Your nitrates are aren't optimal, but at 12 your not really hurting anything. If your concerned about it just do a 15-20% water change WITH RO WATER. If you want to prevent future problems get some of those fish out because as you said, your overstocked.

Fish,

The angles are really pretty, but they truly won't do well in a 29g with other fish as they will fight for territory and outgrow it really quick.

The dragonet may not survive either with a 2 month old tank. Those things are a bear from what I've heard from people's experiences. They will graze all the live food from the tank and end up starving unless you can get them to eat dry/frozen foods.

I have a 30g tank and my FINAL fish count is 5.
You have to remember that a 30g tank really isn't 30g with all the sand/rock in there.

I keep 2 clowns, 1 gobie, 1 dottyback, 1 blenny.
They all get along great.

Good Luck!

thanks guys ill keep you all posted on how they all get along. sofar the steps im going to take is, removing my damsel and removing my flame angel

When was your last water change? I was just wondering what your readings are after a water change compared to when you do the next one. You are overstocked. The rule is one inch fish per five gallons. I would get the damsel out for sure. Also one angel if they keep fighting.

Back