I need identification of this creature!!

devon9832

Reefing newb
Hey guys and gals. Can someone identify this for me? I saw it crawling from under my shrooms and lurking around my tank. It stretchs to be veryyyy long. and then it curls up and goes back under the mushrooms. HMMMMM... someone help please.. its cool looking

creature.jpg

creature1.jpg

creature2.jpg

you got yourself a bristleworm! congrats! they are very good for your tank they are voracious detriavores and take care of all kind of waste/dead animals. dont listen to the skeptical talk of any noob that is terrified of them.

I'm a newb and I'm terrified of them! KILL! KILL! KILLLLLL!!!!!

lol, i kid... i kid.

Except the part about being terrified of them. :yikesu:

bristleworm as Alex has mentioned. Congrats. They make great snacks too JK
They make a great snack for a fish like a six line wrasse. but definitely not humans :D

EDIT: thanks for not being too much of a n00b and actually posting pics for us!

Last edited:
i was thinking that same thing. And was amazed that it was so out in the open with the lights on. there must not really be anything in your tank as far as livestock.

i was thinking that same thing. And was amazed that it was so out in the open with the lights on. there must not really be anything in your tank as far as livestock.

naw.. All I have in there now is yellow tang and a clown. I want to get my corals and anenomes b4 I put any others in there.

I thought it was cool looking. I was hoping that it wasn't a predator because it looked cool. Good looking guys. I like going home to find different things growing and living in the tank.

Back