i need some advise??

well i really thank all you guys for answers.i wish i would have found this site before i went out and things i dont need.so the only thing i should dose is calcium and keep it at 425-500 ppm. test for iodine strontinum ect... if levels are low correct?

magnesium,strontium,dkh buffer, i should test and only add if needed and daily???

This hobby is expensive enough as it is. Remember, fish stores are in business. They want to sell you stuff. If you are suspicious about something they tell you that you NEED, get a second opinion before you buy it. No one wants to be ripped off, and it's happened to us all at some point.

i agree with Biffy-poo, i think that you will be fine testing everything weekly instead of every day. i test every week most of the time, but the 2 x per month water changes usually keep everything where they should be.

ok i have one more question,mixing and dosing kalkwrasser seems like a complicated process, instead of kalkwwrasser can i mix a diiferent source of calcium "chloride or marc weiss vital....ect" and use it in a drip system,

Sure you can. You can use any type of calcium supplement that you want, I've used Seachem, Red Sea and Kent Marine calciums and they all work well.

I use the SeaChem Reef Complete for calcium.You dont have to set up a drip,just dump it right in the tank or sump.

I've never used any Marc Weiss products. Right now I am using Kent Marine Liquid Reactor. And Yote is right, measure out the correct amount and dump it in the tank. It will be cloudy for a bit, but will clear up eventually.

have you ever used marc weiss calcium vital plus? would you use kent turbo calcium over marc weiss

I dont use the Marc Weiss stuff because its so over priced.So yeah,I'd use the either the turbo calcium or Kents Tech-CB.Just because of the price.

OR you could just switch the salt you use to one of the reef salts that has a higher calcium content. i use red sea coral pro and have no complaints AND i dont have to dose calcium, alk, or mag in my 97% SPS tank.

Back