i really feel like steaming my lobster right now....

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I come home from work and check on the tank. My daily ritual. Everyone is happy and healthy. I see my turbo knocked over my green birdsnest. I wasn't too unhappy bc I needed to move it further away from the rose bubble tip nem anyways. During this time I see the my new hawkfish swimming around happily.. I proceed to fix the birdsnest and the hawkfish swims behind a rock....where my purple and Orange lobster lives..his name is snatch..I got done fixing the birdsnest and look around for the hawkfish...he's gone. Not on the floor not anywhere. Then I saw the lobster moving around in his den. Now its almost impossible for me to see the lobster bc I can't really see in the side panels of my tank. Mud set in kind of a cabinet with only a couple inches on each side. So I grab a small mirror and take a look. The damn lobster is eating my new hawkfish! I finally got a good healthy active one and he just happens to swim in the exact wrong spot where nobody ever ever goes! My husband and I are beyond pissed off right now. I am NOT getting another hawkfish. I give up. Looks like I'm just sticking to corals. I haven't killed any of them yet and they won't kill themselves...

Lobsters have been known to kill fish. If I were you I would trap him, take it out, steam him and get some melted butter.

I'm sorry to hear that, I had similar frustration with fish, losing literally every one I bought while having Perfect Parameters. I still don't know why but Im gonna keep trying. Don't get frustrated, your tank is really awesome and it's one of the ones I like looking at for sure. Maybe hold Off on buying any more critters for a while and try again in a month or so. And steam that lobby with garlic and butta! :D

Don't get frustrated, your tank is really awesome and it's one of the ones I like looking at for sure.

Thanks Amba. I really love my tank but this certain fish hates to live in my tank I guess.

I would take him out if I could get him out without having to dismantle my tank. I don't even think he would go into a trap. It's so frustrating bc he never comes out! The fish just happened to go back there at the wrong time I guess. And he wasn't one of those fish that could dart away. This is my third hawkfish...I think I'm gonna give up on this particular fish. I don't want to keep taking them out of the ocean and killing them in my tank, even tho its not really my fault.

I feel your pain, losing stuff SUCKS and always makes me wanna quit, what I usually do is ignore my tank for a while and try not to obsess over it. I've lost like $200 worth of corals and fish mostly due to stupid mistakes.

Yea I've lost about the same in fish. One blue spotted jawfish and three longnose hawkfish. And all four were not my fault just stupid things. The blue spot was diseased as with one hawkfish. One jumped and this one was eaten. I can't win. At least my strawberry pseudo is doing well. The clowns and six line have established a pecking order with him I think.

I have a purple lobster who does not seem to bother anyone. But I also have larger fish in a big tank. I do make sure that he is fed a piece of shrimp 2x a week however. He has never bothered my flame hawkfish.

Back