I screwed up!!!!!!! what to do now

Fireplug

Reefing newb
I have my 30 gallon fowlr and we bought some dead coral for decoration and added it today. It was in the live rock tank at the fish store. I removed some live rock from the tank that belongs to my step mom. But anyways the water level was down so I added less then a gallon from the faucet (well water). Then I left the house came back in an hour and a damsel was dead. The water has a strong sulfur smell like it does from time to time. Is that what killed it? I have a clown and another damsel which are alive. Been in there for 5 hrs now. What to do? Are the other fish ok since its been 5 hours and water has been running thru the carbon hang on back filter or are they doomed also?

i would start with getting a rodi unit and with you being on a well you will more than likely need a booster pump for the ro unit to increase the water pressure. with out a good high pressure the ro unit will not function like it is suppost to. well water is so full of minerals and heavy metals many of which are harmfull to the animals we keep.. many of us have been right where you are at at some point in this hobby.

i would start with getting a rodi unit and with you being on a well you will more than likely need a booster pump for the ro unit to increase the water pressure. with out a good high pressure the ro unit will not function like it is suppost to. well water is so full of minerals and heavy metals many of which are harmfull to the animals we keep.. many of us have been right where you are at at some point in this hobby.
+1 James well said.:Cheers: Lord knows I have added tap water a time or 2 :frustrat::shock:

look were i live 10 years ago a seaclone was a top of the line skimmer. i guess i knew about ro units but did not want to pay 500 bucks for one they are so much cheaper now

I think your other fish are going to be fine, the activated carbon will pull out what ever killed your other fish, hopefully.

But dont forget to change your filters.

Back