i see a huge aiptasia AGH!!!!!!

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
what to do what to do

the rock its on has always been a problem rock the hair algae has always been present on that rock and now i see this huge aiptasia

i was thinking about taking that rock out and submerging it in HOT water for about 2-3 minutes would that help(in reference to teh hair algae also)

the pic is very hard to see but thats the best i could get:Cheers:
IMG_0619.JPG

i currently have 2 large aiptasia growing in hard to reach areas ... i threw in 3 peppermint shrimp about 3 months ago but i think my sallylight foot ate them cuz they are gone now ... this is a good question ... i am curious to see how other people respond to getting rid of them

If it's a small rock, taking it out and either letting it dry out or boiling it won't make a big difference in the bacterial population of your tank. And at least then you know you got it for sure.

If it's a larger rock or a rock that has good things living on it, you'll need to find a way to kill it in the tank. Either using Joe's Juice, smothering it with kalk paste or salt paste, injecting it with lemon juice, or using peppermint shrimp.

its on a rock that is easily remoivable i think ill just boil it lol

mmmmm boiled live rock lol
jk ima rinmce under hot water and let it soak

Use "Joe's Juice" it works instantly and it's cheap (easy to use)!
I used to think aiptasia was something great to have and they do have some benifits in that they are a fantastic filter feeder and will remove 'trates & 'trites, and they're not really ugly, kinda cute.
I solved my aiptasia problem with a Copper Banded Butterfly which turned out to be my favorite fish. He goes over every square inch of the rock and eats the aiptasia when it is small. The CBB is a very docile and friendly fish. Don't put one in your tank if you have a yellow tang, the tang will try to kill it.

Get yourself soem Joe's Juice for the larger ones and then throw in a peppermint for good measure. I kid you not, I had a large aiptasia kill my small cleaner shrimp. It basically stung it to death.

ironically when i took the rock under hot water my pepp shrim (that ive had since the start) fell out dead

so what i do i dumped it in front of my porcupine and he muched it all

I use Joe's Juice on mine. That is one reason why I hate taking LR out of my tank. You never know what's hiding in it.

Back