I think I have gotten the tank thing down ;)

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
Well the tank has been up since July 7th. I have just NOW finally gotten it to where I would consider it a stable healthy place. I will get some pictures on this thread when the water clears (just did a water change) but my phosphates are continuing to go down, they are at 0.25 for the 2nd week in a row, my nitrates are consistently at 5ppm, ALL of my fish are out and happily swimming all of the time, which is good because my gobie was in hiding for a long time, and I have coraline starting to go wild :) I noticed it starting to grow on my Koralia today :)
I am so super excited!!! It has been A LOT of work. Weekly testing and water changes, constantly monitoring everything that is in it battling temp swings during the hot days....but it has all been worth it. I am so excited. I love this tank SO much. The efforts and learning and constantly adjusting....well it has all been so worth it

congratulations.. the first few months are always the worst part.. once the tank settles in it becomes a much more enjoyable hobby...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the hobby...the gratification and pride from a beautiful tank makes all the tough days well worth it. :)

I remember feeling the same way after finally overcoming the cyano I had in my tank. Its a good feeling to see it set up and running smoothly

It's been 24 hours since you started this thread.I'm gonna give you another 24 to get pics posted,or I'm gonna close it.

I WANNA SEE PICTURES :mrgreen:

Back