I think I need another fish.

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
This is my tank now and you can see all 3 fish. Clown, sixline and firefish. All 3 are small fish and in pics, the tank looks empty. What you don't see is a nice sized cleaner shrimp that happened to be hiding, and then of course your standard clean up crew and a pencil urchin.

So what should I add?

491879839_epaXV-O-1.jpg

im gonna beat biff to it and say leopard wrasse, those are awesome fish. but any female flasher or fairy wrasse would be a nice addition

i have a female leopard wrasse they are really cool. i would also recomend a yellow tang they are awesome also plus it will eat that hair algea ya got there also.

Ya, i thought about a yellow tang but i need to find a pretty small one as my tank is only 46g. Thought I'd keep him for awhile and eventually trade him in.

Live Aquaria says the leopard wrasse is expert care. I'm far from an expert. :(

your tank is mature enough they like to pick on the rocks and you need a nice sand bed for them to burry themselves in and you can feed them brine or mysis shrimp.i dont think they are expert care. besides that everything in your tank looks to be doing great also so i wouldnt worry.

also the yellow tang only grows to about 6inches i believe.

i just looked up on vivid aquariums they recomend 60 gallon. so i think if you find a small one you can keep it for a while. as far as the yellow tang.

Yes I have a yellow Tang and there great! They are a nice addition ti your tank! I think as long as you dont to far away from what they require you should be alright! I was dabating on getting a foxfaxe and my tank is a 65 gallon and they require a 70 gallon! Good Luck your tank looks great!

I have a yellow tang in my 55, and he seems a little cramped. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't put the tang in. It's about 5 inches now, and with all of the rock it just seems too tight. I really like my flame angel. They add a lot of color and personality. My tang is going to be my excuse to buy a bigger tank.

Leopard wrasses are considered difficult for the same reason that mandarins are considered difficult -- getting them to eat. If you come across a leopard wrasse and see that it is eating, you should be fine. If they are eating, they are no harder to keep than any of the more common wrasses. They are by far my favorite fish in this hobby.

if you want a leopard wrasse then i suggest buying it from bluezooaquatics.com or liveaquaria.com because you will almost certainly get a fish that will eat. bluezooaqautic fish eat flake food at the warehouse and liveaquaria fish usually eat pellet food right out of the bag

No tangs for you!
I say, screw the fish and get some more cool SPS! But if it must be a fish, I'd say maybe a pistol/watchman goby combo, or how about a rainford goby to eat the algae?

No tangs for you!
I say, screw the fish and get some more cool SPS! But if it must be a fish, I'd say maybe a pistol/watchman goby combo, or how about a rainford goby to eat the algae?
how about both a fish and more SPS. i mean SPS do love them some fish poop

Maybe a flame angel but the general consensus is that you have a 50 / 50 shot if it will nip at corals or not. But its a beautiful fish. As yote said.

probably hiding

I hope so, but i dunno. I know I said "yesterday" but i forgot that I got him on saturday. He was out and about all weekend. He would go and hide if he saw you approach the tank but by sunday he was getting more friendly. In the morning my tank lights are off until after i leave the house, but when i got home no sign of him. I actually totally forgot about him and remembered about 30 minutes before my lights went off. Couldn't see him anywhere. Even checked the floor behind my tank (my canopy is open in back).

Back