I think my Angel has ich

donlankford

Addicted Reefer
Ok i came home from work tonight and went to feed my fish and noticed that my Coral Beauty Angel has some white spots on both side of him. My clown, firefish, and scooter blenny all look like they are fine. The Angel was just introduced to the tank 4 days ago. He seems to be moving fine and I have seen him eat. Temp is 78, ph is 8.0, ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0. I dont have a quartine tank. Need to know what i can do to help him get rid of this and what my options are with not having a quartine tank. this fish is to pretty to lose so some help would be much appreciated.

Just leave him be, he's probably just stressed from being moved from tank to tank and it's affecting him. Just make sure he keeps eating and none of the other fish are picking on him and he should pull through on his own.

+1 BL1. Lack of stress, high water quality and feeding good foods and he should pull thru on his own. You might also try soaking frozen foods in either garlic extract or a vitamin soak before feeding. I do that with all my frozen foods for every feeding.

I just want to point out that a 29g is probably a bit too small for a coral beauty with the other fish you have, contributing to his stress. I hope he pulls through, and if so, you might want to think about getting him into a slightly larger tank!

Back