I think this is worth it.

queenangel77

Reefing newb
I think i found a deal on a tank. 2 yrs old. no scratches. excelent condition. 175 bow front. dual corner overflows. black tank top and stand. pc lights (no good but il take em) 1600. is it a deal? How heavy will the tank be once filled? I would like to put it on the first floor, notin the basement.
Thanks

Not really a deal considering a brand new 175 Oceanic Reef Ready tank is about $1,000. IMO, the stand and lights are not worth $600.

Not really a deal considering a brand new 175 Oceanic Reef Ready tank is about $1,000. IMO, the stand and lights are not worth $600.

The tank is a bowfront 175. Where can you find one for 1000? The stand and top are another 2000 or so from what i see. possibly 3000. (for the oceanic black)

I dont think I'd pay 1600 for used tank either.Shoot,I can get you a brand new never been set up 240 thats 5ft long for 1200 (of course thats just the tank)

I paid 400 for a used, but never filled 180G with dual overflows. Stands are easy and cheap to buiild and will be better than anything bought.....

Another thought ... I have a 46 gal bow front. There is a distortion when looking at the corals through the front, so much so that I would love to have it replaced with a regular 55 (but the money has already been spent). I would do a flat rectangle if I could do it over again.

Another thought ... I have a 46 gal bow front. There is a distortion when looking at the corals through the front, so much so that I would love to have it replaced with a regular 55 (but the money has already been spent). I would do a flat rectangle if I could do it over again.
I have a 72 bowfront and i dont ever have that problem. Everyone has a rectangle tank. Not everyone has a bowfront. I like the look of them. I will shop around a little more though. Thanks for the opinion.

I have a 72 bowfront and i dont ever have that problem. Everyone has a rectangle tank. Not everyone has a bowfront. I like the look of them. I will shop around a little more though. Thanks for the opinion.

Interesting. I wonder if the smaller ones have more of this problem than the large tanks. I do like the way they look, just annoying when I want to really look closly at something.

Back