I took some pictures and enhanced them a bit.

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
Please note, these pics are from my camera phone...the only camera that I have.

I was off today and bored and took about 200 pics to try and find the best ones. It's a pretty bad camera as you can see from the *best* ones haha.

Regardless, I touched them all up a bit and I figured I would share a little bit:

Coral Banded Shrimp
cbs-1.jpg

Occellaris Clownfish
clown.jpg

Emerald Crab [hiding]
emerald.jpg

Scooter Dragonette
scoot.jpg

Dragon's Eye Polyp
polyp-1.jpg

FTS
fts3.jpg

Right Side
fts2.jpg

Left Side
fts1-1.jpg

Let me know what you think! :-)

Very nice! Pics look good. Don't feel bad about the camera deal because that's all I have too so I know the feeling of taking a ton of pics just to get a few good ones.
Where did ya get your rock and sand? If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was looking at pics of my tank.

11lbs of live rock from LFS and 22lbs of dry rock from Marcorocks.

The sand is 20lbs. of dry white argonite sand and 20lbs of live sand (one of those bags at petco).

How big of a tank do you have there? The pictures look really nice.

29 gallon standard tank. Dimensions are 30"x18"x12". It's the biggest tank and stand I could fit in my tiny 1 bedroom apartment. :-P

Your rock work looks really nice :D

Thanks! It's an ongoing struggle to keep myself from messing with it and I still cave in every once in awhile and move a piece or two. I can't say I'm personally entirely happy with it. I would like more sandbed in the middle and if I could do it without blowing everything up I would keep the same basic rock structure but make it like a semi-circle with a big open space on the sand bed in the middle. In the future I would like to keep a clam and I'm not sure if I will have the space. We will see.

Thanks! It's an ongoing struggle to keep myself from messing with it and I still cave in every once in awhile and move a piece or two. I can't say I'm personally entirely happy with it. I would like more sandbed in the middle and if I could do it without blowing everything up I would keep the same basic rock structure but make it like a semi-circle with a big open space on the sand bed in the middle. In the future I would like to keep a clam and I'm not sure if I will have the space. We will see.

I don't think anyone is every really happy with theirs lol! It does look good though :) We are pretty happy but when we move everything into our 90 it's gonna have to be re-designed! :grumble: I think you could have a small clam and it'll have room to grow, you have more sandbed than we do. We want a clam too! Can't really fit one in our 55 because it's so tight in there and plus we have PC's. In our 90 though with T5's and more space... it's ON!

Clams are so amazing. It's one of those things I plan to try when I can consider my system well established and under control.

Back