i wanna get T5's

kyle

Reefing newb
i wanna get T5 lights but im not to sure about them i dont know witch ones to get im worried about algae i want soft and hard corals i have a 65g tank that is 28" deep i was think i need 350w but that seems like alot but that likt 5w pergallon will this do? any help or advice help alot thanks

You can't go by watt per with t5, because you get more par per watt, also I don't think t5 will really penetrate deeper than about 21 inched. I honestly think a metal halide would be best for that tank.

I agree with Bobby. T5s only effectively penetrate to 18 inches or so. You will be limited to keeping only low light corals below that depth. Maybe some moderate light corals. For a tank as deep as yours, metal halide is the way to go. That is the downfall of getting a tall tank -- the lighting is sooo much more expensive.

well in that 18" well i be able to have an anemone and some hard corals
when my tank in mature enough

Anemones move around. They won't stay in one place. Even if you put it up top where you have enough light for it, it probably won't stay there.

Didn't think an anemone would move towards a less suitable place in the tank. Just doesn't make sense, usually migratory species seek out the most suitable environment not the other way around. Idk just my 2 cents :)

Back