I want a goby

I had to google Ilayanassa snails because I didn't have a clue what you talking about.Oh yeah,they are just like the Super Tongan Nassarius snails.I have a few that hitched hike from the LFS rocks.How many were you planning on buying?10-15 in your 90g will be plenty.

That many huh.

Those snails are mainly sand stirrers/scavengers.They rarely leave the sand bed or the very lowest parts of live rock.Even half that amount will more than likely be to much for a 90g.Some may starve to death,up to you.

I agree, that's way too many. I have around 10 of the super nassarius snails (the kind you are looking at buying) in my 240! I have 20 more of the tiny nassarius (they are about the size of my pinkie nail). If you get that many, they'll starve to death and pollute your water, and there won't be anything you can do about it, because they'll all be buried in the sand, so you won't be able to remove their bodies.

Hehehe. Couches? Really? I've never tried putting a couch in my tank. But I'm sure my hermits would love to chill on it. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

sorry freek !

bull.jpg

Hello!

I was intentionally trying to misspell nassarius,cerith,and CONCH because Biff was correcting peoples spelling.Although she doesn't know how to spell hygiene....hypocrite!

I have 4 conchs in my 75 that never bother anything except algae.
Biff,
Conchs have a knife looking thing that they can flip out in defense.Keeps hermits away unless the conchs dead.

I was reading all the pages of this thread so far, and I glanced at my tank to see the little horseshoe crab plowing his way through the substrate like a tank. He does a pretty good job, you can see everywhere he goes cause the substrate is super white compared to the diatom covered rest of it. I even have 1/2 LS 1/2 crushed coral (thanks LFS guy! wish I had all sand...) It makes it a little bit hard for him to get under in some spots, but he always manages to get under there and forage around.

I just looked up belleville WI, you are down towards Madison, Mapquest says about 3 hours away, actually about 2 1/2. My friends tell me there is a really good fish store in Madison, not sure the name though...

Madison area reef society. There are some pretty good stores in Madison but you can get just about any corals you want on MARS. There is also a wis reef club too but I forget the web name.

I heard good things from the Madison area, I havent gotten down there yet since I started up the hobby. And about the horseshoe crabs, I thought I read that the aquarium kinds dont get NEAR as large as the normal ones u see around the ocean? I dont remmeber which site, liveaquaria says max size 2' ! god anyone want a horseshoe crab for CHEAP once it gets to 1 foot?? I swear I read somewhere about them before I got mine about how "people are used to seeing the huge ones washed up on the beach, but the aquarium counterparts never get much over a few inches..." Cant find my false information when I need it... dang

Back