For the last 3 days I have held the following:

Ammonia = 0
pH = 8.4
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0

Going to my LFS tomorrow and this is my wants:
2 more ness snails
2 turbos
2 clown fish (what food is best to start with, or should I just get a variety)
or
any suggestions of any hardy bright colored looking fish.
I'm only looking to put 3 in here so I want different.

Now tell me everything i'm doing wrong so i dont :death: anyone.

Thanks everyone

Well, if you REALLY want to play it safe, wait another few days just in case there's any die off :) But you might be ok, since your rocks and sand were already live and you kept them wet the whole time. I, myself, would've waited, but I'm also overly cautious.

I feed my clown all frozen. I use mysis, Formula One, Lifeline Carnivore, Rods Original, Marine Cuisine, mysis again, then Sundays are my maintenence days so only Microvert for my corals, which I dose Sunday, Wednesdays and Fridays.

It looks like you are off to a fine start, and it looks like you did your homework!

I think you have a good plan. kbuser has good advice on what to feed, but i would skip the coral food. even if you have corals that stuff mostly ends up going to feed the algae.

I would go with 2 or 3 packs of different frozen foods. A variety is good for fish, and frozen food doesn't go bad or take up much space, so it's easy to rotate through a few varieties. I like Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, mysis, fortified brine, blood worms, krill, tubifex worms, daphnia, plankton, etc.

If your LFS has them, I would also pick up a few nerite and cerith snails, and maybe a few more nassarius. I only bought 15 snails (mix of nass., cerith, nerite, astrae turbo, margarita, and banded trochus) for my 90 when I added my first fish, and had a major algae bloom within a few days, leaving me wishing I added more snails to start with (I now have several more on order). You'll be surprised how quickly things in your tank chance once you add your first fish adn start feeding!

If you decide to go with something other than clowns, make sure either its not a jumper or that you have a tight-fitting lid. Many of the other hardy colorful beginner fish tend to be jumpers.

Back