I was just wondering.....

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
While looking through the threads, i have seen people talk about drilling their rocks and pegging their corals and/or gluing them. I have also seen people talk about using foam live rocks and such. I was wondering if people respect a tank that is real and natural looking rather then a tank in which everything was mapped out, pegged and/or glued and everything just looks perfect??
*Im not bashing anyone who uses these tecniques , just wanted to hear from you guys and I hope you all understand the question*

I'm Not To Sure On This, But I Believe That People Peg Their Corals To Keep Them In One Place So That The Corals Dont Kill Each Other Or Attach Each Other.

I think it is for ease of placement. There really isn't a way to make a "perfect" reef. that is what is so great about the hobby, the constant searching for individual perfection. It is really up to you and what you find to be most interesting. I try to set my corals about two inches apart so they can grow out and not touch. Eventually, they may outgrow my tank, but that is a nice problem to have.

-Doc

I've never pegged or used cable ties to attach my rocks to each other, because every time I add a new coral, I usually have to move stuff around. I glue corals because it's convenient, and in reef tanks that have such high flow, if you don't attach the corals somehow, they will just fall off the rocks into the sand or blow around the tank.

Back