I went all out!

Thanks guys, I had that in mind but I will def. post a pic soon (I know you love pics Rigo) because I just got back from the LFS with small frags of Euphylia, Polyp, and a mushroom.. I should have pics up by tonight!

The tank went through a mini cycle due to 10 gallons of already cycled water, 20 gallons fresh saltwater, live sand, and 32 lbs. live rock.. Params are on page 1

FTS
NikonS1172.jpg

Another
NikonS1170.jpg

Green Star Polyp
NikonS1173.jpg

Euphyllia frag
NikonS1174.jpg

Mushroom
NikonS1175.jpg

looks very nice!!..its going to be a killer reef!!.. i like that tank size..my wife wants somting not too big..that size looks perfect..well will see..good job wanna race..and yes i love pics!! hheheh..especcially set ups like yours!!

i had to go look at my tank and make sure you didn't come steal that big rock in the middle from my tank! i have one just like it. btw tank looks great.

hahah Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it! Do I need to feed these corals any physical food? Or all they require is light?

What's that exactly? And this polyp is amazing, with my blue led light shining on it it glows a bright neon green.. :) I might just have to go out and buy more, I can't help it..

You can use either DTs phytoplankton,or phyto-feast.
The DTs is fairly expensive,but seems to work good for my corals.Some folks swear by the phyto-feast.
DTs is supposed to be live phytoplankton.But basically both are food for the little micro-critters that make food for the corals.

Looks good Wannarace,yep,looks like a little coralline dieoff or bleach.I'm sure it will come back.I don't feed my GSP and Frogspawn(Euphyllia),they must get enough nutrient from the water column and lighting.I do feed Phyto once to twice a week for inverts(feather duster) and soft corals,maybe they are getting some benefits from that.

Well it seems that these three just require light but will definitely benefit from phyto.. Thanks for all the feedback and comments, I feel like I'm going down the right path...

the way i have allways looked at it. if they have mouths, i feed them. my frogspawn gets a little mysis and such from when i feed my fish. then i dose phyto and zoo plankton once a week to once every two weeks. i can notice everything eating. escpecially my xenia (this may be why it thrives in my tank) everything from feather dusters to pods will feed off it. maybe pods and such would'nt depend on it so much in a tank heavily stocked with fish that is making a lot of nutrients. but, i only have four fish in a 55 gallon tank. just my two pennies

Back