I went with a 12g nano cube!

How are you liking the lights? I have a new JBJ 12 Gallon setup and I'm thinking of upgrading the lights. Not really sure what to go with, but this setup looks nice.

How are you liking the lights? I have a new JBJ 12 Gallon setup and I'm thinking of upgrading the lights. Not really sure what to go with, but this setup looks nice.

I've had these lights lights for over 1 month and a half and I strongly recommend these lights...they look and fit great on my 12 gallon jbj nanocube and the lights are 6, 3w LEDs and are really really bright I love them! Sooooo much better then the stock lights and the best part is that they are dirt cheap lol

Is this light enough to keep SPS and a clam?

i think so... its a really bright light. and a 12 gallon nanocube isn't very deep so i would say go with it... i'm gonna add a nem in a few days and maybe a month later i'm going to add a clam as well.

Been awhile, Ok guys my water has been great in this little 12 gallon and my 2 clowns are doing great so today ima go look for there home. Hopefully I find a good little nem to put in there. I've done my research I know what I'm getting myself into but I think I'm ready and I know for sure the tank is ready for it

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since my update but my nanocube is doing great! I've been saying I'm going to get a nem for a few months now but I finally did it haha I picked up a Haitian nem for 10 bucks, I can only preys clown fish can host it haha it looks nice though!

null_zpsf6e77a3e.jpg

Maroons will host about anything. I've seen them even hosting Condy's in some LFS around me, right after the condy was added too the tank. Only issues I have is Maroon Clowns get very large over time. They will definitely out-grow it (4-6 Inches). Should think about switching them out at some point with smaller clowns.... but, your tank! Wish ya the best of luck on it :)!

Maroons will host about anything. I've seen them even hosting Condy's in some LFS around me, right after the condy was added too the tank. Only issues I have is Maroon Clowns get very large over time. They will definitely out-grow it (4-6 Inches). Should think about switching them out at some point with smaller clowns.... but, your tank! Wish ya the best of luck on it :)!

thanks man, and yes I've done plenty of research and as soon as I think my clowns are to big for the tank, out they go! Lol a really good friend of mine owns a lfs and he'll always let me take fish to him and he'll give me new baby fish lol but I think my next pair will be Clarkii clowns

Once again, Clarkii's will get to be pretty damn large too. Why not try a Stubby clown? They are clowns that were born deformed with less vertebrate than a normal clown. Healthy and can live for a long time, just purposely sold for their deformity... They stay relatively small, and are cute looking.

Personally, I think it's a little disturbing that they purposefully try and breed deformed fish... but then again, I'm against them killing them just cause they are deformed. As long as it's healthy, and isn't in pain from it, let it live!

Just my :twocents: :)

Once again, Clarkii's will get to be pretty damn large too. Why not try a Stubby clown? They are clowns that were born deformed with less vertebrate than a normal clown. Healthy and can live for a long time, just purposely sold for their deformity... They stay relatively small, and are cute looking.

Personally, I think it's a little disturbing that they purposefully try and breed deformed fish... but then again, I'm against them killing them just cause they are deformed. As long as it's healthy, and isn't in pain from it, let it live!

Just my :twocents: :)

I understand that 9 out of 10 clowns will out grow my tank but like I said I can always at any point in time take em to my boys shop and get new smaller fish lol

Nah, I have a Eel in there... and supposedly snowflakes are suppose to be peaceful with fish they can't easily swallow... and so far I've lost 2 damsels and a ocellaris clown too him. So, no, just breaking it down lol.

Back