I wish I could talk with someone on the phone

Good luck! IMHO I would give the fuge priority among your DIY projects. I found that setting up a fuge with chaeto was one of the easiest things I did to get my nitrates and phosphates down.

Sen: what is this "fuge" that you speak of? I don't mean to butt in here but I have been trying to focus on reducing my phosphates as a way of reducing my algea. I was going to post a question on it but since you brought it up... :grin:

Coral commander search the word "refugium" at the top or in the articles section it will give you a great base to start from.

Melissa,

Welcome tot he site. These wonderful folks have been instrumental in my transformation from fresh to salty. Listen to everything they say. They have all saved me TONS of headache and money.

Sounds like Yote (you think HIS accent is bad, you should hear mine!) has you on te right path. you are going to find that everything you ever learned about fresh water is pretty much useless with salty. it is an ENTIRELY different world. Good luck, be patient, and get ready to be amazed!

Back