i wish tank hunting and this is what I cought

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
OK I cant make up my mind with the book I have these guys look like bad guys yah or nah?

100_1186.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1182-1.jpg

100_1178.jpg

so yeah this is just the tip of it all i have more in there and many many different types i have to set my traps up again tonight

The crab pro baby isn't reef safe it looks sort of like a gorilla crab...
The second creatures are good though, those are birstleworms which are excellent cleaners and detrtivors. There are probably hundreds in your tank if you caught those ;)

yeah my invert book has the same pic for coral eating fire worm as it does with the birstleworm the crab I figured as much. Its going to be trigger feed lol when I go to the office tonight.

Yea fireworks are bad haha they are a type of bristle worm but usually much bigger and a darker red with a small slightly noticeable head... the ones in your pic look like the smaller safe ones.

Those look like bristleworms but remember I'm no expert. I'm not a crab person so he'd be gone regardless.

well I cough 4 more gorilla crabs i found there home smashed it to bits and pulled out 7 more so all in all i had 12 gorilla crabs so far in my tank grrrrr

Have you found what was causing the popping sound yet?
not yet i have a bit of rock in there yet I may just turn it all in to rubble lol and get dry rock and seed it with plant life in a big ass bucket and power heads or steal some from JAK or work lol. i was told by a friend i could just do that and get some high grad live rock minus the pests and get a better looking rock as well. just have to get some algae and what plants i want and a order of amp&cope pods and bingo bango a month later yummy live rock. but i dont know grrrr i may just go fish only...:grumble:

They hide in the holes in the rocks. They are called "hitch hikers". You don't know it when you buy them. Live rock can come with all sorts of weird hitch hikers. And it can be months before you know they are there.

yeah I was amazed with life rock at first now im sad because i think the bad hitchers were my main prob all along :( grrrrr and would explain alot of what i saw when fish and corals when poof grrrr

Back