I75 accident

CHARLIEANDJAMI

Reefing newb
I was switching from the 3rd lane on the interstate to the 2nd. .... i look over & i see someone trying to come into my lane,after I was in it. he sees me, tried to correct back into his lane, he had messed up tires, he slid & nailed the concrete divider...that threw him really hard into my door. which the impact was soo great that sent me spinning into the guard rail on the right & left side of the interstate...
i spun over 3 times & made numerous contact...which was massive...no 1 knows how i lived, including myself.
i knew as it was happening i was going to die.... 2 of the witnesses said it was horrible to watch..they thought i was going to be messed up & they thought i was definatly going to roll/flip....There isnt a part of my vehicle that doesnt have damage..I have been told by everyone who sees it, family & the collision center, that i "took a lot of hard licks"..I am sore, but nothing was broken...So all is well......This has been a heck of a few weeks....1st being in the hospital w/kodey for a few days...Last week we were back in the hospital w/him, then me Tuesday night...The hospital knows us now..hahaha.....The state patrol called today & he was amazed all is well.. His computer diagram of the accident looks like a kid got ahold of the computer & was playing..I cant wait to get to read & see the report. Prob. will get it monday.

**The pics actually dont really show the severity of the damage:<. It actually is alot worse in person. All the plastic inside is seperated from the Walls/the tires & "rims" got messed up. My left headlight & windows & imrrors are the things that didnt break.
Although the windows are messed up..haha.
DropShots Jami_A

Amen to that!!

I am prob. still in shock, but what happened really doesnt bother me..I was just gratefull my little ones were not in there with me.!! & Glad that I bought something w/a high crash rating! hahaha....

Wow! Glad to hear your alright. Incase your wondering that car is totalled!:shock: You were very lucky, if youd been in a compact car you wouldnt be here.

Charlie has a Cobra that the baby wanted me to drive him in..Luckily @ the last min. he changed his mind & wanted me to use my van when dropping him off....That would have had a VERY different outcome thats for sure..

Wow what a crash! Thank god your kids were not in the car with you. Like ANthony said the car can be replaced. I agree with Bryan, I bet that baby is totaled. How are you feeling now?

I am feeling pretty good..Sore, little bruised..But for all the hits & licks I took, I feel great..:D

I do hope & PRAY it is totaled..I dont know if I honestly can drive that again. I loved it..But now I dont feel safe in it..I will HOPEFULLY know next week if they will definatly total it..It will be going to the "total loss" place for examination to see if Allstate agrees w/ the extimate they were given.

for what its worth, you wont have to worry about it being totalled. It is. My dad is a dealer for the insurance auctions and he and I have been buying and fixing cars since I was little. (Ive never owned a car that wasnt totalled) Vans total very easily do to the large body panels, and every body panel on your van is damaged beyond repair. If by some miracle you have a crappy insurance company that trys to fix it you need to fight it. the van wouldnt ever be the same. But anyway, like i said it will be totalled or ill eat my shorts!:mrgreen:
But the main thing is your safe! and avoid driving the cobra, you dont want to reck that one!:mrgreen:

Ironman said:
and avoid driving the cobra, you dont want to reck that one!:mrgreen:

Thats what Charlie said..He met me @ the hospital & was thankful that Kodey changed his mind about me taking him in the Cobra. Heaven forbid that car gets totaled... I would NEVER EVER EVER hear the end of it...

As for it being totaled, Babbs thinks it is as is Delaney's (Who towed it to the junk yard after the wreck)...The inside frame panel for the body that connects the roof to the floor, where my door & the passenger door meets, was crunched. I'll fight it however I can if Allstate wants to fix it!

let me know how allstate turns out. We just recently switched to them from state farm.

I've never had to file a claim, so would like to know how easy they are to deal with when you need them.

Well it happens the guy who hit me has State Farm...

This is the 2nd time we have done a claim w/them this year. In January, Charlie bought a Mustang & in March a woman pulled out in front of him while putting on make up. Her ins. company was being a pain in rear, so I was told by My agent to file a claim & then Allstate will sub-litigate for us. They made things soooooo much easier. So, after this wreck, I automatically called my agent. I haven't even heard from State Farm, I guess this guy is going to try to fight it...I have been with them on & off for 3 years, so far I have not had any problems. " Knock on wood"..lol...... Hopefully I wont start now, since I said that...hahahahaha..

Seems like I cant make more than 2 payments on a car b4 it gets totaled...Go figure!:frustrat:

Ive been with state farm for 14 years, havent ever had any complaints! But I guess that could be that ive never had a accident or any tickets. Never mind forget I posted this!!!:mrgreen:

Haha...Well, hopefully they will be ok...Hopefully the guy really did have insurance & didnt give false info :S.....

Allstate is great..I LOVE my agent, so i cant complain...

Back