Ich in tank

Fishyyy

Reefing newb
My 65 gallon reef tank got infected with ich about 2 months ago and my fish died. I havent had any fish in the tank since just invertebrates. Is my tank cured since the ich hasnt had any fish to be on? i havnt changed the salinity or anything.

There should be no more ich in your tank, but to keep it that way you are going to need to properly QT and treat every single fish you ever buy after this. Otherwise you will reintroduce ich to the tank.

Basically, unless your LFS has some sort of quarantine system (and even if it does) you should assume EVERY fish at the LFS is carrying ich. If you want to keep it out of your display tank, you will need a dedicated QT tank, and QT every single fish. If you dont follow that process, even with just a single fish, you can assume that ich has been reintroduced to the tank

That being said, healthy fish should have no issues with ich, even if it is present in the system. So with wise livestock choices and good maintenance habits it shouldnt really be an issue

Back