Ich or not

BigFishy

Reefing newb
I thought my yellow belly tang had Ich, but I could be wrong.

All of a sudden he seemed to have one dot on the nose, 2 on the right side and one on the right side of his tail. I did 20% water change and feed them food soaking in garlic. This is my first time dealing with ich so bear with me. Also, I do not have a quarantine tank yet.

This happened on a Friday and by Sunday there wasn't a sign of Ich. Could this be something else or can Ich go away that fast?

Yes, I feed my fish garlic extract whether they are sick or not.

Make sure your water quality is good as well. That will help heal him.

Garlic won't help a fish with ich, it's used as an appetite stimulant when feeding finicky fish. If your fish seems to have a healthy appetite then I wouldn't use it too much. That way you're putting less chemicals into your tank and also if your fish get used to the garlic and stop eating, adding the garlic won't help then because your fish will already be used to it. If your wanting to add something for the fish's immune system I would suggest a product like Selcon.
You should also try identifying why your fish got ich in the first place. What are your water parameters, do you have any other fish, have you changed anything in your tank the past few days. And regals are one of the bigger tanga and need a tank larger then 70 gallons.

Garlic won't help a fish with ich, it's used as an appetite stimulant when feeding finicky fish. If your fish seems to have a healthy appetite then I wouldn't use it too much. That way you're putting less chemicals into your tank and also if your fish get used to the garlic and stop eating, adding the garlic won't help then because your fish will already be used to it. If your wanting to add something for the fish's immune system I would suggest a product like Selcon.
You should also try identifying why your fish got ich in the first place. What are your water parameters, do you have any other fish, have you changed anything in your tank the past few days. And regals are one of the bigger tanga and need a tank larger then 70 gallons.
I agree with all of this...,but mainly ,big fish need big tanks....
I do hope it turns out good for you,then you can upgrade,always fun:wink:

garlic is a great way to stimulate appetite and strengthen the fish's immune system. In fact, us humans should eat more garlic then we do imo...i would recommend mixing garlic with their food, it will do absolutely no harm to do so.

Back