Ich part 2

reefkeeper55

Reefing newb
Still have some fish with ich in my 150 reef tank, have decided to treat with Kick-ich and Rally- have used this in the past and seems to have worked for me several years ago- the angels seem to have had the worst of it, the passer angel and the queen are still eating as well as the emperor. Just don't want to tear down my tank again to remove all of the fish- has anyone ever seen an emperor standing on his head? For the first two days of the outbreak he would stand on his head in the corner and grunt if other tankmates came close. Also has anyone added garlic directly into the tank? the fish that are showing the worst signs also are "twitching", hopefully this will soon subside.:frustrat:

Kick Ich and Rally don't cure ich. They make it easier for the fish to fight it off in some cases, but ich will come back. I'm sure you know that the only two methods that actually kill the ich are copper and hyposalinity. If you want the problem gone once and for all, you will have to use one of those two methods. Otherwise it will come back.

Good luck with your situation.

Also, garlic won't do anything to help your fish fight ich ether. It's an appetite simulant for fish. You can however add vitamin products like selcon directly to your tank.

Also, garlic won't do anything to help your fish fight ich ether. It's an appetite simulant for fish. You can however add vitamin products like selcon directly to your tank.

+1 BL
It (garlic) helps to hopefully keep them eating, because often a sick fish has no interest in food.

Back