Ich Problem on my angel

bhill27

Reefing newb
The ich problem started out small just a coupl spots on his tail fin, but now it has spread across his body, i thought i was going to be able to leave him alone and let him fight it himself but should i take him out and get him in my qt?

all fish can get ich, but if they have a more slimy coating it is harder for them to get ich. But any fish can get ich if they are stressed enough.

You must now be aware that ich has infested your tank and will always be in the tank.....waiting for the next stressed out fish to attack

Stress will always lead to ich. That's why a lot of the time a new fish will always get it. It sucks, but once the new guy starts getting situated its all gravy from there.

I know in salt you cant dose the main tank but I have always found that moving a fish to a separate tank only made them more stressed and they always ended up dying.

In my fresh tanks I can treat the whole tank and I have combated ICH several times on fish this way.

I dread the day I have to deal with it in my salt tank since you cant treat the tank.

Good luck

I always thought it was best to qt. The next best thing for me is just to feed well and help the fish fight off the ich. Yeah I agree with moving the fish. It just freaks them out even more.

The fish's immune system is the best way to fight off many things.

This is why i treat in QT before the new fish go into my DT...my DT does not have ich...no amount of stress will make ich magically appear ...

Back